With over £2 billion* invested
- Kathryn Robson, Chief Executive, Adult Learning Wales
- David Hagendyk, Director – Wales, Learning & Work
- Victoria Dyer, Building Resilient Communities Employability Manager, Torfaen County Borough Council
- Cath Jenkins, Director of Employability, Better Jobs Better Future
- Becky Pask, Entrepreneurship Co-Ordinator, Coleg Sir Gar
in boosting and sustaining employment across Wales, building new job opportunities, upskilling and training
is at the forefront of the economic response to COVID-19.
Join Senedd Insight’s Improving Employability Workshop to explore how local authorities, employers and other agencies
are collaborating to increase skills and employment.
You will explore how to target hard-to-reach groups
and create a person-centred approach
by engaging individuals and local communities with meaningful work opportunities. Kathryn Robson, Chief Executive of Adult Learning Wales will share ideas for supporting people who are long-term unemployed, providing individualised interventions
to provide new employment pathways.
You will review how to implement career pathways
for those who have lost their jobs during COVID-19, helping to build back better,
stimulating productivity and local economies. Review how lifelong learning, retraining and skills development could help adapt and prepare the workforce for the future.